- Refrain Mode – A new mode that depicts a what-if story with Excela Noa Aura (voiced by Nana Mizuki) and Jenius Aeon (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya), who did not become party members in the main story
- Night Events – By “staring” at a party member in town, at camp, and so on, “Night Events” may occur during your adventure. Night Events are your chance to deepen your friendship with party members. Of course, if you become friendly with Excela and Jenius, you may even be able to see surprising sides to each of them…
- M.O.E.S. – Through the Mind Over Emotion System, you can choose conversation responses within the time limit. If you choose a response that pleases the character you are speaking to, your friendship with them will deepen. Carefully choose a response within the time limit. And of course, “do not respond” is also a response
- D-Tune Battle System – Real-time action battles full of exhilaration. Freely control one of the characters in your party in high-action battles where each character uses unique special attacks, powerful moves, and magic based on combo attacks
- Transform – The protagonist Yuma possesses the mighty power to transform into a Dragon at any time during battle. However, Yuma cannot control his power beyond a certain limit, and may end up “rampaging.” It is important to master the power of the dragon as not to rampage
- Rune Songs – By singing “Rune Songs,” Kirika can change into various costumes suited to each song. When you change costumes, you can continue fighting with the new costume for the duration of the battle
- B.A.N.D. Performance – In order to use Rune Songs, you must first activate the “B.A.N.D.” battle system. And in order to activate the B.A.N.D. system, you must first build up the “BPM Gauge.” The BPM Gauge stocks a maximum of three bars and accumulates each time you land an attack, such as standard and break attacks. You can choose the “center” of the B.A.N.D. from among your party members. Even when performing the same Rune Song, you can manifest various effects depending on which character is chosen as the center
- Kizuna Diagram – A character’s “Personality” represents their individuality and traits. The “Kizuna Diagram” is a visualization of your party members’ “Kizuna,” which manifests through their Personality. The longer the time a Kizuna is connected, the stronger it becomes
- Resonance – During battle, a “Resonance” may randomly occur with another party member. Depending on the Kizuna that connects the two characters and their Personality, the character that activated the Resonance will perform an attack or support action with the player
How do you correctly revive a long-standing fantasy RPG series? Two words: dragon protagonist.
The ancient continent of Alfheim, the land of the gods, was once home to the world’s dragons but they have since had their souls crystallized and scattered throughout the world. But not all dragons have been lost…
The existance of a new dragon, and the game’s protagonist, ‘Shining Dragon (Yuma) Irvan’ has been confirmed by the great powers of the world. The imperial army, church forces, and the Dragon Slayers themselves are all in pursuit of Irvan’s untold power.
Despite the oddsIvan’s power was saved from the clutches of his pursuers by a single maiden, a memory that would not soon be lost,Shining Resonance tells the beautiful tale of a reunion between a young girl and a dragon, as well as the foretold miracle to follow.
The battle system is in real-time, where you’ll be able to control any one of the four characters as you fight. Each character has special attacks, magic, weapons, and a unique overall combat flavor. What is notable about Shining Resonance’s combat is how fluidly the player enters a battle: when you encounter a monster on the map and engage, the battle will seamlessly begin on the same field.
The ideas of music and nature are heavily linked with dragons in the Shining Resonance mythos. The elements of nature are wielded by’Dragners’, who will make up your party and fight using magical weapons – which all have their concept design inspired by musical instruments. The BAND system introduces the concept of ‘Rune Songs’ which are party-wide buffs that change their effects depending on which character is leading, or the ‘Center’, of the song.
If your protagonist can turn into a dragon, then he better be able to fight as one too! Yuma Irvan brings all the power you’d expect from a dragon to the battlefield, so much in fact that he can be a liability. With such uncontrollable power flowing through Irvan in his dragon form he can attack both allies and enemies making the ability as dangerous as it is rewarding. Certain Rune Songs can be played to soothe the dragon’s fiery rage, returning Yuma back to safety.