SONY MDR-1AM2 The precision sound and full-spectrum clarity of the MDR-1AM2 headphones captures the hearts of music lovers everywhere. And with an ultra-lightweight frame and pressure-relieving earpads, you can listen for hours in total comfort.
SIZE & WEIGHT
- WEIGHT: 187g
- HEADPHONE TYPE: Closed Dynamic
- DRIVER UNIT: 40mm (Dome Type)
- IMPEDANCE (OHM): 16Ω
- DIAPHRAGM: Aluminium-Coated LCP
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 3-100000Hz2
- SENSITIVITIES (DB/MW): 98dB / mW
- CORD TYPE: Detachable / Silver coated OFC
- CORD LENGTH: 1.2m
- PLUG: Gold-plated L-shaped Stereo Mini
- WEARING STYLE: Circumaural
- Enjoy music as the artist intended with High-Resolution Audio Take your digital music collection to another level with High-Resolution Audio. By digitally capturing music at a higher rate than CD, High-Resolution Audio allows you to get closer to the original studio recording and enjoy your music just as the artist intended.
- Aluminium-coated LCP diaphragm for more precision An aluminium-coated, liquid crystal polymer diaphragm gives a more consistent and precise sound across the entire frequency range than even a conventional LCP driver. High frequencies uniquely contained in High-Resolution Audio especially benefit from the added rigidity, and energy lost during transmission to the headphone housing is more uniform, ensuring a true and authentic performance.
- Wide frequency response for a full range of sound The wide-band frequency range – spanning 3Hz to 100kHz 2 – is designed for a broad variety of music styles. Such a wide frequency response ensures even advanced audio formats, which require a much larger spectrum, can be accurately reproduced without hard limits or frequency roll-off, giving your music more life and realism.
- Patterned grill for smooth ultra-highs Grills help to protect the precision headphone diaphragm and are designed specifically for passing ultra-high frequencies without introducing ‘colour’ to the sound. The grill pattern is based on a Fibonacci sequence to ensure no frequency is boosted or cut. The result is a smooth, refined sound right across the frequency range.
- Heavyweight bass with Beat Response Control Built-in Beat Response Control improves the transient characteristics in bass sound and delivers accurate rhythm.
- Enfolding closed-back design seals in sound The closed-back, enfolding design wraps around the ear, helping to seal in music and keep distractions out. Meticulously crafted acoustics ensure sound is exclusively directed towards your ears, so you hear even the subtlest of sounds. You’ll also feel every beat, as the closed-back design helps to maximise the bass signatures in your music.
- Pressure-relieving earpads for total comfort Soft, synthetic leather earpads with pressure-relieving cushions have been designed to rise and shape around your ears, ensuring a comfortable fit. Smooth materials and seamless stitching provide comfort and durability for long hours of listening.
- Super lightweight design for hours of comfort The MDR-1AM2’s super lightweight design relieves pressure on your ears so you can listen for hours in comfort.
- Swivel design makes travel easy Take these headphones with you anywhere. A swivel design makes them easy to store on the go. The earcups swivel flat for easy packing in a bag or slipping into the supplied pouch.